News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/24/2023 8:28:42 AM to 2/28/2023 10:06:48 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: January 23, 2023

[ARCHIVED] Joshua Main Street 16" Waterline Project


Johnson County Special Utility District (JCSUD) is completing a waterline replacement project along Main Street in Joshua, TX.  This project is a joint venture between the City of Joshua and JCSUD.  The waterline will be installed within the City of Joshua's Right-Of-Way on your property.

The project's scope of work consists of installing approximately 7,500 linear feet of 16-inch waterline.  The waterline will start at the elevated water tank on North Main Street and run south along Main Street to Main Street and Broadway (HWY 174).  This project is  to upsize an older, smaller existing waterline with a larger waterline.  The new 16-inch waterline will help support future growth and fire flow to areas around the City of Joshua.

The Joshua Main Street project is expected to take approximately 240 calendar days (8 months) to complete.  JCSUD has selected Atkins Brothers as the contractor for this project.  The contractor began construction the first week of January and strives to avoid any inconvenience to property owners.  The District will have a designated JCSUD employee inspect the project to ensure the work area is returned to a good condition when completed.

 JCSUD would like to thank you for your understanding and patience as we complete this project. Below, you will find a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and a project map for your reference. Please refer to this page for updates related to this project. 

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How will this affect my property?

Construction will take place on your property. That means equipment and crews will be on site excavating and installing the water line. However, pictures will be taken before construction and after construction and the contractor will be responsible for returning the property back to its original condition.

How long is the construction project going to take?

Weather will play a role in the progress of the projects. However, the construction of the entire project is expected to take approximately 240 days. However, actual construction on your property will not take the entire project time.

Will the construction of the project block my driveway?

As the waterline crosses driveways, you will be inconvenienced for a day or two. However, the contractors will be required to have the driveways open at the end of each day so that you can enter and exit each day.

The contractor left brush/limbs/piles of dirt and told me it was my responsibility to dispose of the debris.

This is not correct. A contractor, per their contract, is required to dispose of debris from the project. If you are told this, please call our office and staff will ensure that the debris is properly disposed of.

The contractor has already installed the waterline across my property, which seems to be finished. However, I do not feel that they cleaned up my property. What do I need to do?

While it may seem that the contractor has completed the project, it is typical for the contractor to complete the waterline installation and then return to clean up the entire project. You can verify completion by emailing the contact provided or calling our office. Each property owner will be asked to complete a form of satisfaction at the end of construction. This letter is an excellent opportunity to inform us of any issues with the clean-up across your property. 

Today, the contractors were working on my property, and I no longer have water. What should I do?

Please call our main office (817) 760-5200 during business hours (M‑F 8a‑5p). If this is after 5 pm, on a weekend, or on holiday, please call  (817) 760-5255 to be directed to our after-hours answering service.

The project has been completed for 30 days, and the area where the construction took place has settled. Can anything be done?

Absolutely! The contractor will warranty the dirt settlement for 90 days after completing the project.

Will my grass be replaced?

Yes, the contractor is required per their contract to replace any grassy areas disturbed during construction with either block sod or seeding of the same material you have.

Who should I call with construction questions?

Questions should be directed to the Project Coordinator at (817) 760-5248 or by email at

How can I reach someone outside of regular office hours should a situation require immediate attention?

Please call the after-hours emergency number (817) 760-5255 (5p-8a).

Joshua Main Street Project Map

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in JCSUD News

Board Meeting PR_Img

December 2023 Board Meeting Press Release

Posted on: December 22, 2023